I love anything cranberry….except canned cranberry sauce. Cranberry-orange is such a great flavor combination, so I couldn’t resist trying this recipe. It is super easy too!
If you HATE the canned and want something delicious and FRESH. Try this wonderful recipe.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more, to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, orange zest, sugar and 3/4 cup water over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in cranberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.