I don’t know about you, but I am not a fan of the hot chocolate mix sold in store….Swiss Miss? They named it correctly because it definitely isn’t a “Hit”. Think about it…
My taste in hot chocolate is largely due to the fact that we never bought the hot chocolate mix at the store. My grandma always made huge batches of this mix and then we would all have some. One batch will make quite a bit of mix and it freezes, so that is a plus.
Please note that you will need a HUGE bowl for mixing and that this is a messy (dusty) project. You have been warned.
But…it is oh-so worth it!
- 1 lb. Powdered Sugar
- 1 lb. Coffee Creamer
- 6 Tbl Cocoa (or more for a more intense chocolate taste)
- 1 lb Nestle Chocolate Milk Mix
- 10 2/3 cups Powdered Milk
- Mix powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Add creamer and mix.
- Add Nestles and mix.
- Add milk and mix.
- Fill up your “Hot Chocolate Mix” container (something that will seal up)
- Add the leftovers to ziploc bags, date the bags, and stick in the freezer for refills.
To make a cup of hot chocolate
Add your desired amount of scoops to your cup, pour hot water in, and stir. Top with choice of toppings…whipped cream, marshmallows, peppermint…etc.
I like to use 2 tablespoons of mix for 8 oz of water, but I love chocolate. You will find what you like after a few test cups.