This pasta was delicious! We had it on a cold, snowy night and it was warm and filling. I had some of the leftovers for lunch today and they were just as wonderful. I can’t wait to have this recipe again.
Ever since I found Butterball’s Everyday Turkey Sausage, i have been finding ways to use it-it is so good. It is always nice to mix things up from chicken and beef.
- 9 oz package cheese tortellini (We like Buitoni Three Cheese)
- 7 oz turkey sausage , sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add olive oil to a skillet, heat and add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add sausage and cook through. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, add cream, stir in mozzarella and parmesan.
- Mix the pasta, sausage mixture, and cheese sauce together.
- Serve immediately.