Chocolate chip cookies are by far my favorite type of cookie. They are simple and delicious. My grandma makes the best chocolate chip cookies. (As most grandmas do)
My grandma’s cookies are the absolute best, and I have tried and tried to make chocolate cookies just like hers and I fail every time. I am perfectly ok with that though–it gives me one more reason to hang around her house. 🙂
Since I can’t seem to master my grandma’s chocolate chip cookie recipe, I have found one of my own. I really like dark chocolate, and since I have been on an “all-things-SanFrancisco” spree, I was excited to incorporate Ghirardelli chocolate into the recipe. I chose to use the dark chocolate chips to make the cookies less sweet. (I can eat more that way)
I thought I would manage to get an even 4 dozen, but I was about 4 cookies short. It was probably all of the dough I ate…
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Ghirardelli dark chocolate premium baking chips
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.