When I made this meal, C.J. looked up from his plate and said “This is fantastic.” He always tells me that dinner is good, but he rarely shows this much excitement over a meal that I make. He told me that this recipe makes the top 5 things that I have made.
Maybe he will share that list me with someday.
It was great, and it was so easy to make. It was fresh, delicious, and even a bit nutritious!
If you like the “caprese” taste, try this delicious chicken recipe.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Lettuce (your choice)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Melt butter in pan, add garlic, cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Cook until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks. Heat oil in pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper in pan, mix with oil. Add chicken, cover, and cook until done. Stir occasionally to coat with salt and pepper. Once the chicken is almost done, remove lid and allow moisture to cook out. This will give your chicken a nice golden brown outer layer.
- Use your favorite lettuce and tear or chop leaves. Toss with tomato/garlic mixture. Cut up mozzarella into bite sized chunk. Mix into salad. Add chopped basil, mix well.
- Add chicken either to the top of the salad or mix into salad.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the salad for dressing. A lot goes a long ways.