Desserts are great. Desserts with fresh fruit in them are even better. My sister came to visit me a few weeks ago and I took the opportunity to make a dessert. LOVED it.
I can’t wait until summertime when the fruits will be even better than they were this time around. This trifle is good, a little heavy, but not very sweet.
I would even eat it for breakfast….but sometimes I don’t make wise breakfast choices. 🙂
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups shortbread cookies, crumbled
- Wash and prepare the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Mix together in a medium bowl. Add juice of 1 orange, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tbsp sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
- Use and electric mixer to combine mascarpone, yogurt, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tbsp sugar together. Mix well. Set aside.
- Using individual glasses or a glass dish layer the ingredients in this order: shortbread, fruit mixture, yogurt-cheese mixture. Repeat until glasses are full or until you run out of ingredients.
- Decorate with extra fruit.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.