I have been on a fish taco kick the last few months. If we are at a restaurant that might have good fish tacos, I try them…I have tried quite a few different versions of fish tacos. I am proud to say that these fish tacos, made at home…are delicious.
The best part? You can have as many as you want. They are so easy to make as well!
Try them-they are absolutely wonderful.
- 1 lb flaky white fish (I used tilapia)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas ( I used flour, because they are better)
- Cilantro lime slaw (recipe follows)
- Chipotle Aioli (recipe follows)
1. Brush fish with melted butter, and sprinkle on both sides with seasoning.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add fish and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until fish is cooked through. Remove from pan, and flake with a fork.
3. To assemble tacos- warm corn tortillas in a a skillet, or in the microwave. Put some fish in the tortilla, add some slaw, and top with chipotle aioli.
Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 4 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and toss to combine. Chill for at least an hour before serving, to allow flavors to meld.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
1. Add all ingredients to a small bowl, and mix together to combine. If you’d like the aioli to be a smoother consistency, you can blend all the ingredients together in a food processor.