Creamy, cheesy pasta in alfredo sauce…yum. Sneak in some veggies? Even better.
This recipe is fantastic. It isn’t difficult, but it also isn’t a throw-together meal either. It was fun to make though-lots of pans and lots of things happening at once.
C.J. commented on how good this pasta was several different times…so it is definitely a keeper at our house!
- 10-12 oz. penne pasta
- 2-3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 14.75 oz. jar artichoke hearts
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil
- Cook pasta according to packages directions.
- Place spinach with 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. water into a skillet. Cover and cook on low until spinach wilts and becomes soft, set aside.
- Drain jar of Artichoke hearts and chop and dice up
- Saute garlic and onions in olive oil until fragrant. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and stir to combine. Once you have your roux, add heavy cream and milk and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in garlic, onion, and Parmesan cheese until well combined.
When pasta is done cooking, drain. Stir in Creamy Alfredo, spinach, artichoke and cooked and shredded chicken until evenly distributed.