Summertime salads are fun, colorful, and refreshing. This pasta salad is all three.
I made this pasta salad after a long evening of intense yard work in the humid Oklahoma heat. It was filling, but not too heavy. C.J. enjoyed it too…it was his first time eating pine nuts, so we are crossing our fingers for no new food allergies.
I definitely recommend this salad, it is super easy to make and tastes super delicious!
- 1 lb. pasta
- 3 oz. fresh spinach
- ⅓ c. pine nuts
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. oil & vinegar dressing (bottled or homemade)
- juice of 2 lemons
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in fresh spinach, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, dressing, and lemon juice.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.