Chocolate chip cookies are amazing…especially fresh out of the oven. What I am saying? Everyone knows this…surely. Well, I can finally say that I have accomplished making cookies that look and taste like my grandma’s chocolate chip cookies.
If you know me you will know that I have been trying to accomplish this for a while now…with very little success. Finally…I got it right!
These are perfect if you like a combination of a crunchy and chewy cookie.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.