It is no secret that C.J. and I are big fans of the tomato-basil-mozzarella combination. Add that to pasta…even better.
This recipe was fantastic, filling, and pretty easy. Baked pastas are one of my favorites!
The one downside to this dish? It doesn’t look super pretty…but it tastes so great!
- 2 cups pasta, cooked (I used bow ties)
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, cut into halves or thirds
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella (sliced or shredded)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a small pan, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and vinegar and cook on medium-low until soft.
- Combine pesto and pasta. Add tomato mixture and mix well.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a baking dish and top with mozzarella.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt remaining tbsp of butter. Add bread crumbs and mix well. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the pasta.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crumbs are lightly browned.