Things have started to get very busy around our house, so I planned our menu with easy and delicious options. This deep dish pizza casserole was absolutely delicious for dinner and as leftovers the next day.
It was super easy and can be customized as you would like!
- 1 (13 ounce) Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 1/2 cups of your favorite cheese (I like using a mix of fresh mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 whole pepperonis (optional)
- 1/2 pound cooked ground spicy Italian sausage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Unroll the pizza dough, and press it into the bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish.
- Spread the dough with some pizza sauce and, if using, sprinkle the cooked spicy Italian sausage over the top. Cover the pizza with cheese and then top with pepperoni (if using). Sprinkle the Parmesan over top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.