I had my doubts about this recipe. Not because of what the ingredients were, but because I was using different brands of the ingredients I had planned to use.
We could not find the tortellini that we typically use, so we opted for the frozen version from Target. I could not find the sausage that I wanted, so C.J. picked out a kind he thought we would like. Brussel sprouts are brussel sprouts so that was not an issue.
I did not need to worry, everything turned out great and the meal was delicious and filling.
Oh, and did I mention easy? Super easy. A meal that you can whip together while multitasking.
- 9 oz, 1 package tortellini (use your favorite kind, we used frozen this time around)
- 7 oz package sausage, sliced (we typically use turkey sausage, but this time we used a pork sausage)
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, washed and sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together 1 tsp olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and lemon juice.
- Place brussel sprouts into a large mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil mixture over the sprouts. Mix well until well coated. Try not to break the brussel sprouts apart.
- Spread coated brussel sprouts onto a baking sheet and roast fro 20 minutes, turning once.
- While the brussel sprouts and pasta are cooking, heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant. Add sausage and cook until done. Remove from heat.
- When all ingredients are finished cooking, combine. Mix in parmesan cheese.