Sometimes you need a recipe on your menu that is tasty and easy to make. Egg roll wrappers are so versatile that you can fill them with pretty much anything that you want…so we tried bacon cheeseburger filling.
I chose to bake our egg rolls instead of deep frying them for two reasons:
1. I didn’t feel like making the frying mess in the kitchen.
2. Baked is a little healthier.
These egg rolls were delicious. The batch makes more than two people should be able to eat, so we had some leftovers. They were good reheated as well!
If you are looking for another non-traditional egg roll recipe, try these Southwest Eggrolls.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Eggroll wrappers
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add beef and bacon to the pan and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and creole seasoning. Stir. Allow to the mixture to simmer for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Add cheese to beef and bacon mixture. Stir until mixed.
- Start filling and rolling the mixture into the egg roll wrappers. The package should have instructions on how to do this.
- Bake egg rolls for 20 minutes, flipping once.