A couple Sundays ago our church (if you missed that update, read about it here) hosted a fellowship Sunday followed by a potluck. I have never met a person who didn’t love a potluck and C.J. and I are no different. We were so excited for the event.
I planned a couple weeks in advance what we would take. Unfortunately, C.J. had an important meeting scheduled for that afternoon, so he was able to attend the church service, but missed out on the fabulous potluck. I represented for the Cavin family.
I love doing things with C.J. but being all by myself forced me to make some friends on my own…which can’t be a bad thing.
This recipe is fabulous and easy enough that you can make it the night before and bake it while you get ready the next morning. Perfect for potlucks!
I also must add that all of this dish was completely gone…I did not bring any of it home with me! That definitely means success!
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (7 oz) elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, egg, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Add shredded cheese, mix well.
- Add macaroni.
- Put into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle the top with paprika.
Oh! I almost forgot! I finally got to use our special potluck casserole dish!