I love making salads, but have been struggling to come up with salads that are different than our normal “go-to” recipes.
So…this crazy salad came about in attempt for something new and different.
C.J. gave it a good review…so I encourage you to give it a try!
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Lettuce of your choice
- Dressing of your choice (or no dressing at all)
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Fresh French green beans
- Sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste and set aside to cool.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 of the butter and all of the olive oil. Melt.
- Add asparagus, garlic, and the rest of the butter. Mix.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix.
- Mix together to fully cover asparagus with garlic, butter, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and let cook. Toss occasionally.
- Once soft even to cut with a fork, remove asparagus from pan and place on plate with towel to drain. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Set aside to cool.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add green beans and cook until they reached desired tenderness. Toss occasionally.
- Set aside to cool.
Once all ingredients are at room temperature or cooled to your liking mix together with lettuce. Top with cheese and dressing.