Fall weather brings out crockpot season. I suppose that for some people crockpot season is year round…but not in our house.
I know that it is silly, but I feel lazy using a crockpot. I’m not saying that it is lazy…I just feel weird not “slaving away” over the stove to make a delicious meal for C.J.
It is completely weird to think that. I also am slightly afraid that the crockpot will catch fire and then I will never live down burning our house down with “insert name of dish”.
This is also a silly thought…our crockpot is almost brand new and I always cook it on low if I am going to leave it.
Anyways, sometimes, I will break out the crockpot. This recipe was easy and was good. I wouldn’t say it was mind-blowingly awesome, but it was tasty.
It made the house smell good too.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 9 oz. package refrigerated or fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain.
- Combine the ground meats, marinara sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on LOW heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the ravioli, and sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes on LOW, or until the ravioli is tender.