C.J. loves chicken and dumplings….but never eats the chicken. He wants it there though…but he doesn’t eat it.
So, when we had leftover turkey I decided to turn it into turkey and dumplings. It was fantastic and this recipe was super easy!
- 1-2 cup(s) cooked turkey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 32 oz. Chicken broth
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- Salt and pepper
- Place the turkey in the slow cooker.
- Add butter and then pour the cream of chicken soup on top.
- Dump in the entire container of chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on the high setting for 2 hours.
- Tear the biscuits into little bite-size pieces. Place the biscuits in the slow cooker and cook for an additional 1 1/2 hours. Your biscuit dough should have a dumpling-like consistency and shouldn’t be raw in the center.