I absolutely love fruit desserts. Whether it is apple pie, fruit tarts, or a fruit crisp I would rather have that on my plate than a huge chunk of fudge.
Fruit over chocolate? It must be something that comes with age.
I made this Triple Berry Crisp for a church potluck…and we left with minimal leftovers indicating it was popular. It is always bittersweet to leave with only a few leftovers, especially with this dessert because it is really good reheated.
So whether you are needing to take something to a potluck or you are just craving a delicious fruit dessert…this is a perfect route to go.
Also….I may or may not enjoy this dish for both dessert and breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.