So…I love Chik Fil A. The nuggets are fantastic and the Chik Fil A sauce is spectacular.
Well, last month when C.J. and I were both
getting to stay stuck at home because of an inch of snow covering about 3 inches of ice, we were able to enjoy hot, fresh chicken nuggets very similar to those at Chik Fil A.
This copycat recipe is wonderful and pretty easy.
I still haven’t found a good copycat recipe for the Chik Fil A sauce…but you can always get some of that from the actual restaurant.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1/2 cup milk and pickle juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight; drain well.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine; drain excess milk mixture.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners’ sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.