Salads are always a fun, healthy, and quick choice for meals. I am always looking for new and exciting combinations for salads and was delighted with how this one turned out.
This salad is fresh and filling and it is always great to have a homemade vinaigrette.
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 3 small gala apples or 2 medium, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl toss together spinach, apples, pecans, feta, cranberries, bacon, carrots, and red onion. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately after adding dressing.
For the dressing
- Add all ingredients to a medium mason jar. Cover with lid and shake to blend well (or alternately just blend well in a bowl with a whisk).