Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato.
Such a wonderful combination of ingredients. I love a BLT sandwich, it is simple and fabulous all at the same time!
I remember ordering a BLT on mine and C.J.’s first “date”. There is some disagreement on whether or not this event actually counts as a date, but that is another story. I was in Stillwater getting ready for a week of PLC training/bonding/events…etc. When C.J. found out that I would be in Stillwater he asked if I would like to have dinner with him the night before I left for camp. Not knowing anyone in Stillwater at the time, I said yes and we made plans to meet at Eskimo Joes.
I was staying at a hotel on Hall of Fame which is right around the corner from Joes, but I ended up getting insanely lost and made it to dinner 45 minutes late. I was completely embarrassed and remembering ordering the BLT because it was fast , the cheapest item on the menu, and I knew I wouldn’t embarrass myself even further with a more complicated entree.
C.J. was so sweet about the whole getting lost thing, and we can laugh about it now.
This pasta salad is light and wonderful! It is one of my favorite pasta salads, and C.J. enjoyed it because it was light on the dressing.
Fresh. Delicious. Easy.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 pound bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente in plenty of salted water.
- Drain pasta, toss with olive to lightly coat and refrigerate until cold.
- In a large bowl toss the cold pasta with the tomatoes, Swiss, onions, bacon and spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.