- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat. Stir in 1/4 cup pepperoni until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, basil garlic powder, pasta and 1 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from heat; top with mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup pepperoni. Place into oven and cook until melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Garnished with parsley, if desired.