My husband has an obsession with Chipotle. He eats there every week, sometimes multiple times a week. He never gets tired of it, and I don’t think that there is anything that could keep him from eating there.
Trying to accommodate his addiction, I recreated the meal he gets every single time he visits the restaurant.
What is this dish that has stole his heart? A simple steal bowl with cilantro rice and cheese.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or scant 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, warm
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Monteray Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream and/or other condiments (pico, hot sauce…etc)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Rub spice mixture over both sides of steak, along with the vegetable oil. Refrigerate while preparing your other ingredients.
- Drizzle the lime juice and oil over the top of warm rice, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and salt; fluff with a fork.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Coat grill grates with oil or nonstick spray. Cook steak for about 4 minutes per side, or to your liking. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- The layer of the bowls: rice (bottom layer), steak, condiments, cheese, cilantro.