Every new year brings resolutions and a desire to change. I firmly believe that you can reinvent yourself at any point of the year, but for those of us who like schedules the new year is a good place to start. Just like many other people I made a list of goals for the new year and I believe that sharing them publicly is a good way to keep myself accountable.
- Self Care-Not to be confused with being self-centered or selfish. This year I want to take myself off of the back burner, I want to do things that I want to do, try things I have been wanting to try, and I want to take care of myself. I want to live this life with zero regrets. If I were to die tomorrow, would I have regrets? I want that answer to be “no”.
- Studio Time-It has been too long since I worked on actual artwork in my studio. Projects for others, DIYs, and school stuff will no longer count towards studio hours. It is time that I get myself back into what I love.
- Christ Centered-I could always use more Jesus, and this year I am really putting an emphasis on trying to get in more Bible study time and quality prayer time.
- Confidence-This goes along with #1, but making it it’s own goal is going to help me remember this.
- Awesome Teacher Status-I love my job and always am looking for ways to be a better teacher for my students. Whether it is coming up with new project ideas, opportunities for the students, or just being more understanding, I want to be the person that my students need.
- Try something new everyday. Whether it is a new food, a new activity, a new shop….try something new everyday!
Thats the short list-what goals have you made this year?