While being home with Ollie I have noticed that what I eat for lunch is directly related to my mood in the afternoon. I know I can’t just grab something too quick or not nutritious and still be able to maintain the energy level she requires from me.
This was one of the main reasons for the meal plan. Now, I just look at the calendar and whip up whatever I have specified for that day. Quinoa salads and bowls are fairly easy because I can make enough quinoa on the first day to be eaten on the second scheduled day as well.
This particular day my sister was coming over and I was delighted to invite her to join us for lunch. She enjoyed the meal and I still had leftovers for my second quinoa lunch this week. Score!
Have a great weekend!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mini fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- about 10 to 15 torn basil leaves, or to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- pinch sugar, optional and to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in small pan, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook on low until soft.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, and all remaining ingredients and toss very well to combine. Taste and see if salad needs more vinegar, salt, etc. and season or tweak accordingly.
- Salad can be served immediately.