My husband loves ramen noodle salad. Our pastor’s wife makes it often for potlucks and C.J. always comes home raving about it, so when he requested it (which NEVER happens), I started putting together a recipe that was both easy and tasty.
This salad was not initially on the April meal plan, but we added it to our Easter weekend menu. It was a wonderful pairing with the pork tenderloin that we made!
There is no protein in this version of the salad, but you could easily add chicken to it to make it more than just a side dish.
- 1 (14-16 oz) package Coleslaw Mix
- 1 bunch Green Onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup slivered Almonds
- 2 (3 oz) packages Ramen Noodles
- 1/2 cup Peanut Oil
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spread almonds and crumbled ramen noodles (no seasoning) on a cookie sheet and toast for approximately 5 minutes.
- Combine the coleslaw mix, green onions, almonds and ramen in a salad bowl. Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, salt , and pepper with the oil, cider vinegar and sugar in a separate container.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing and toss everything to coat. Garnish with extra green onions, if desired.