One night I was working away on some laundry and realized that I really needed something chocolate. It was the day before grocery shopping, so there was basically nothing in the kitchen.
I frantically started looking for recipes that could accommodate the lack luster batch of ingredients I had to work with.
Finally, I started piecing together several different things and made some delicious chocolate cookies. A few things:
- Very easy to make
- Makes a lot of cookies
- Only time consuming because of the quantity
- 1¼ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened Hershey cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs then add the vanilla
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually mix into the creamed mixture.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake 9 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be soft and still look slightly doughy
- Let set and cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then remove from sheet onto wire rack to cool completely.