My sister came over a few weeks ago and I cooked her this pasta. It was fantastic to have some company and someone to cook for.
This recipe is fairly simple. I wouldn’t call it a quick meal, but it doesn’t take long to make. If you are a bacon and pasta lover, this recipe combines the two very nicely.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
- 4 ounces bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) parmesan, grated
- plenty of fresh cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Toss the cauliflower in the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Cook the bacon in a pan, pour off all but a tablespoon of the grease from the pan, add the garlic, cook for 30 second and turn off the heat.
- Mix the egg, cheese, pepper and salt and parsley in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Mix the pasta, egg mixture, and cauliflower into the pan with the bacon, adding reserved pasta water as needed.