These egg rolls are delicious and not as heavy as the ones you might order at a restaurant. I do not like a lot of spice, so this recipe is very mild. Feel free to add more spice to the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients (except egg roll wrappers).
- Fill egg rolls. Start with a corner facing you, and add about 1/4 cup of filling to the center of the wrapper. Fold the corner facing you over the filling, tuck in the sides, and finish rolling. Use a dab of water to help the folds stick together. Place the rolls on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown, flipping them halfway through.
- Serve them with different dipping sauces – chipotle sauce, salsa, ranch, and sour cream.