This was my first time making black bean burgers, and they were wonderful! I am not looking to become a vegetarian or anything like that, I just like to try new things.
These burgers are both tasty and simple to make.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Creole seasoning
1. Cook onion with 1 tbsp olive oil in saute pan until lightly caramelized. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
2. In a bowl, mash beans with back of a fork until smooth. Stir in cooled onion mixture, cilantro, egg, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and hot sauce. Mix well.
3. Shape into patties and dust with flour and seasoning.
4. Heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook patties until golden on both sides.